Gold Supporter
Jul 14, 2021
Berkeley Lake, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is this a big issue and/or easy to fix? It’s just one small section at one end of the pool. And it’s above the water line which is good so water isn’t leaking back behind there into the ground. So really just want to address it aesthetically and be proactive. Thoughts?

Attachments

• DD1EF2C4-8B87-4EE7-9C45-30C75B407527.jpeg
    DD1EF2C4-8B87-4EE7-9C45-30C75B407527.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 28
+1. This time of year it usually doesn’t need much convincing. Massaging it back into place should warm it enough from the friction to be pliable enough.

They say to use a screwdriver, or preferably a popsicle stick to force the liner lock back in. I am too clutzy for that so I use a 2X4 block and hit it with a rubber mallet.

Thanks I'll give it a try. I may need to find a YouTube video of how to do all this! From what it looks like I think the problem is that the liner lock is completely missing in that section so that would make sense how it came out.

Any boat shop can fix those easily, You can also fix those using fiberglass resin and gelcoat :)
Sure, but how exactly would I get the stairs to them? It’s built in. Let me show you this wider photo so you have a better idea what I’m talking about. That Putty looks promising.

Attachments

• 769817A3-0DDD-4877-982B-9FCF3C21D643.jpeg
    769817A3-0DDD-4877-982B-9FCF3C21D643.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: PoolStored
They have mobile boat repair people... There are many people that will come fix fiberglass including some car repair people...

I think that pool putty will be much easier though :)

Reactions: caseyrichards

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.