Vinyl Intex liner has brown color around edges of pool

We have a 1 year old Deluxe Frame Intex with sand filter and SWG. We did not cover the pool over the winter. We have a large live oak tree that shades half the pool. Acorns fell into the pool and when spring came so did all the leaves and oak pollen. We had a brown tea pot out there! After much scooping and vacuuming we got all the debris out. The water cleared up and sparkling. Except for this brown stain along the bottom edge where most of the leaves and debris were on the bottom.
I have bleached and bleached with Clorox gallon jugs. Scrubbed with the brush and even a broom.

I have scaling on the ladder and the entire bottom and sides feel like sandpaper.

Sand from the filter is in the bottom and I vacuumed it up and it reappears. I think my husband consideres back washing a daily maintenance task.

My ph won't stay down. It creeps up to 8. I can get it to 7.6 but if I don't add dry acid it goes back to 8. I can't hold chlorine. Reads almost 0 all the time. I can get a cya reading it is so low and the tube is too small to get lower than 20.

I added conditioner once this year. I added more yesterday. I put it in a stocking and dissolved it near the jet.

This is really disappointing since I added a side wall skimmer and hard plumbed my filter and SWG. I WAS READY FOR A TROUBLE FREE POOL SUMMER. now I got stains, no chlorine and scaling!

I'm in San Antonio. All water is hard. We are on city water. Not well water.

Frustrated!

You will need to follow the SLAM process to get rid of the organics in the pool and then the SWG will be able to make enough chlorine to keep up. Right now the SWG can not get ahead of the organics and that's why it is not holding chlorine. You will need a test kit that has the FAS/DPD test for chlorine to pass the SLAM process. See my signature for the SLAM process.

Only add enough CYA to raise it to 30 for now until you are finished with the SLAM process.

You need to keep adding acid to make sure the pH does not get above 7.8 no matter how much acid that takes. You could lower the TA to 70 and it should stabilize the pH some so you will not have to add acid as often. Lowering the TA should be the last project you want to tackle for now.

If sand is getting into the pool from the filter then you have to investigate the filter to find the problem, could be a broken lateral.

Take care of the staining after all the other problems have been fixed. For a quick test, try a "magic eraser" to see if that will lift the stains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.