Vacuuming ?'s

I just finished cleaning out the last of the debris from my pool and can offer a solution that complements mentioned by Richard. More of an FYI for the future since this may not even apply to you depending on what's at the bottom of your pool. I hate using the leaf bagger, but of course there's not much that can be done about that when the amount of debris gets to a certain point. But when I do have a little bit of debris and don't feel like it's worth dragging the leaf bagger out, I just use the skimmer net and bump it along the bottom in front of the debris while moving towards it and it floats into the net. That may be common sense to most on here, but I've only had the pool for a year and just found that technique online. Have found it very useful for minor cleanup when it doesn't require a leaf bagger but I don't want it going into the skimmer basket when vacuuming.

The only issue I'm having is sand or dirt at the bottom of the pool. I vacuumed it on the filter setting but notice it back at the bottom a few days later. Just got it installed a week ago and I hope I don't have a hole in my liner as we haven't even swam in it yet

The only issue I'm having is sand or dirt at the bottom of the pool. I vacuumed it on the filter setting but notice it back at the bottom a few days later. Just got it installed a week ago and I hope I don't have a hole in my liner as we haven't even swam in it yet
Are you sure it's the same sand, not just more blowing in? Sediment tends to always settle in the same spots depending on the flow from the returns.

One way to check is to rubberband a hole-less sock over the return. It will catch anything that passes through the filter. If the floor stays clean but the sock fills up, the filter has water bypassing the cartridge. If the sock stays clean but sand returns, it's coming from outside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.