Vacuum Port Covered up Mini Pebble Damaged

Slytrix

Jan 13, 2022
Temecula, CA
As the thread title says the pebble tec installer covered up our vacuum port and no one noticed until start up.
Pebble guy came back and proceeded to chip some of the pebble away searching for the hole. I showed him in a pre plaster picture where it was but he still couldn't find it until damage was done.

He came back and did a pancake repair and says he needs to come back and do an underwater acid wash? It has been 3 weeks and he still hasn't come back. Is this patch ever going to look like the rest of my pebble finish and is this patch going to leak or cause early failure of the pebble finish?

Thanks for your responses.
Ron

There is a way to find covered pipes after plaster by lightly tapping on the walls and there will be a hallow sound at the location of the cover. The patch will not perfectly match the existing plaster but you will be the only one who knows especially after water is added to the pool.

Reactions: Slytrix
There is a way to find covered pipes after plaster by lightly tapping on the walls and there will be a hallow sound at the location of the cover. The patch will not perfectly match the existing plaster but you will be the only one who knows especially after water is added to the pool.
The pool had water and after his unsuccessful attempt I got down there and found the spot no problem but the damage was done. It is 2 inches in diameter so hope its not too noticeable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.