Vacuum Hose Recommendations?

Hello all,

I've been using the same vacuum hose that the previous owner left. It is made up of separate sections (5) that are each 6' in length, giving me needed 30' total length. However, you have to be really careful when moving about or else the sections want to come apart from one another and it's a constant source of frustration for my wife and I. I'm thinking of replacing the hose segments with one 30' hose, but I'm having a hard time finding a good one. There are ones on Amazon that get okay reviews, but people mention how stiff they are and how hard to unwind or roll up - plus, they don't seem to last as long as I would like.

Also, for an above ground pool should I be using a 1.25" hose, a 1.5" hose or doesn't it matter as long as it connects to my components? The current hose has a 1.5" female ID that slides over the large part of the vacuum, then I slide the male end of the other side over the vacuum plate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.