Vacuum frequency

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
Let me start with I manually vacuum our pool. Most of the year we get very little debris in our pool. At times like that I may vacuum only once a week. Then there times like now when we get high winds, though this year they have increased in strength and frequency – we get LOTS of sand daily. Since the water is still too cold to use the pool, I'm vacuuming twice a week. Is there a problem with letting 4 days of sand sitting in the pool?

Probably not as long as the dirt isn’t leaving stains behind. Clay/silt dust can be very mineralized with iron in it that could potentially stain a pool surface but I think that would take a lot longer than a couple of days.

Probably not as long as the dirt isn’t leaving stains behind. Clay/silt dust can be very mineralized with iron in it that could potentially stain a pool surface but I think that would take a lot longer than a couple of days.
Thanks Matt! That is what I imagined would be the concern. The first time I waited that long I feared there would be staining, but there was none.

On another note, I just saw that you did something here on May 1 about water chemistry. Is there any recording of that?

Yorker, see this thread for the recording I think you are looking for, post #78 pg 4 in case it does not take you there

Hi neighbor! This year the winds have been unbelievable. I live in north Palm Springs area so we get a good grunt of it. I have a robot I’ve been throwing in 2-4x a week, and also have a pool guy come twice a week and vacuum. It’s not so much I’m worried about staining however, just can’t stand to look at a dirty pool! I’m hoping the winds have ended for the season!

Hi neighbor! This year the winds have been unbelievable. I live in north Palm Springs area so we get a good grunt of it. I have a robot I’ve been throwing in 2-4x a week, and also have a pool guy come twice a week and vacuum. It’s not so much I’m worried about staining however, just can’t stand to look at a dirty pool! I’m hoping the winds have ended for the season!
Hey MM...! We've moved here is 2016 and this is the worst wind season so far. I hate to admit that I have been turning a blind eye to the sand in the pool. The water has been too cool to swim laps, so I've just resorted to vacuuming once or twice a week. Much of the time the next day it's back as it was.

I'm interested in which robot you have. It sounds like you don't leave it in 24/7. Does it do your spa as well? I've wondered how a robot would work on my long wide steps. - Any thoughts?

Thanks,
York

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.