Vacation question (what type of tablets)

Thanks again for the offer Mr Bruce but I decided to take a chance and see what would happen. I brought my FC up to SLAM (20ppm) on Friday night and let it circulate all night. Saturday morning I turned off the pump, cleaned all the baskets out and attached two floaters with 3 tablets in each floater. I attached a cable from the pool cover anchors and positioned the floaters to stay in the center of the pool. One in the deep end and one in the shallow end. I returned home Saturday night (8 days later), removed the floaters and cleaned the pool. My FC was at 4ppm. Still within range for my CYA. I had zero algae, lots of leaves on the bottom and dead crickets and bees all over the surface. I did a full set of tests, excluding CYA as it was dark, and here are my results....

FC 4.0
CC 0.0
TA 90
pH 7.2

The only thing that changed other than the FC falling was my pH went down. It has never changed from 7.5 since I first opened the pool and it was 7.2 when I got back. I assume the tablets were the cause? I bumped my FC back up to 8.0 by adding one gallon of 10% chlorine. Sunday evening I tested and the pH had came up slightly by aeration and the FC had dropped to 6.0ppm. 2ppm per day has been my typical usage since opening the pool. Water is still perfectly clear and everything seems to be back to normal. All six tablets were about half dissolved without having any circulation in the pool. Just wanted to give an update.

You are correct on the pH being pushed down by the tabs. I find when I use tabs to bring up my CYA a little the pH which always rises in my pool holds steady or even goes down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.