Using the looploc/cover tool...

Mine most resembles this one, though with a more rounded hook. There's all kinds. Here's some more. It took me just a few minutes to release all 50 springs.

it worked so good for the trampoline I may have to change my method from the loop-lock tool. my loop lock tool works but it’s quite barbaric and by no means easy. Thanks.

Thanks.?

So you don’t have to pull very hard to remove the spring?

Not exceptionally, no, as long as the spring tension isn't already maxed out. I have a big solid cover, so it's heavy to begin with. I first clear off all water and debris. You hook it on the spring ring, and tug it up and towards you in one motion (about a 45 degree angle) . It slips right off the stud and springs back toward the pool. A little practice and you just go right down the line, one right after the other. I find it much easier and faster than using the tool.

I also find the opposite to be true when reinstalling the cover in the fall. Sliding the ring down the tool and onto the stud (um...can I rephrase that??) is easier than trying to pull the spring straight onto the stud with the puller.

I had a similar short tool at work that was used for popping manhole like covers. I made a handle extender so i could do it while standing up, primarily for leverage but also as a back saver. The trampoline tool could be pipe clamped to a broom handle or equivalent to make it even easier.

Reactions: BMK
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.