Used 'splash-less' Chrlorox bleach and spa is foaming like crazy...

mxfan

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Shingle Springs, CA
I was having low FC readings and posted my test #'s yesterday to get some feedback. My CYA was at 35 so it was recommended that I switch to liquid Chlorox bleach.
I made a late night run to the store to get the bleach and ended up with 'splash-less' thinking that the splash less was just a bottle/pouring feature. :eek:
I added 6 oz. to get the spa to shock level, and now I have a giant bubble bath.
What should I do to get rid of the bubbles? Do I need to drain and start over?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
...Eric

I happened to have an extra filter from when I bought the spa, so I put in the new one for a fresh start.

I just did the exact same thing with my Hot Tub. Who knew that splash-less Clorox is different formulation?
You can't really tell from the label :(

I am questioning if I really need to drain the spa. The outside temp is around 20 degrees this morning, and it could be another month before it is warm enough out to drain and refill.

I did find the ingredients on line.
Ingredients Inside | The Clorox Company

Ingredients Inside: Clorox® Regular-Bleach1 [Concentrated] 44600311715 | The Clorox Company

These ingredients are Greek to me, but they look pretty similar, with these exceptions: Splash-less also includes these two items:
Sodium Xylene Sulfonate
Cetyl Betaine
so I was hoping one of the chemical gurus here could take a look and offer a second opinion on if I need to drain or not?. Thanks!

I just did the exact same thing with my Hot Tub. Who knew that splash-less Clorox is different formulation?
You can't really tell from the label :(

I am questioning if I really need to drain the spa. The outside temp is around 20 degrees this morning, and it could be another month before it is warm enough out to drain and refill.

I did find the ingredients on line.
Ingredients Inside | The Clorox Company

Ingredients Inside: Clorox® Regular-Bleach1 [Concentrated] 44600311715 | The Clorox Company

These ingredients are Greek to me, but they look pretty similar, with these exceptions: Splash-less also includes these two items:
Sodium Xylene Sulfonate
Cetyl Betaine
so I was hoping one of the chemical gurus here could take a look and offer a second opinion on if I need to drain or not?. Thanks!

I drained and started over because we are able to use our hot tub even in Winter months with our CA climate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.