US Motor (Nidec) EVSS3-NS Motor replacement

May 28, 2011
I have a variable speed US Motor (Nidec) EVSS3-NS 3HP motor with a bad bearing. Is it possible to replace just the motor, without having to replace the entire motor+control attached to the top of the motor? If so, where can I order?

Thanks!

I don't think that you will be able to find the motor separately. Even if you could, the price would probably be the same.

You can check with the manufacturer to see what they say.

Note that the motor is covered under a recall notice.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Thank you..I suspected as much. I also just saw the recall info too!, although that will not replace it, they just want to come out and install a ground lead.

Before I look into ordering a replacement VS motor (looks like there is a new model), short of taking the motor off the pump, what is the best way to confirm the noise I'm hearing is coming from the motor and not the pump? (BTW, its leaking water between the pump and motor, which I assume is the shaft seal).

Thanks

If the pump is leaking, you have to take it apart anyway. So, I would take it apart and run the motor separately to isolate the sound.

A leak will often corrode the bearing. So, that's consistent.

Thank you..I suspected as much. I also just saw the recall info too!, although that will not replace it, they just want to come out and install a ground lead.

Before I look into ordering a replacement VS motor (looks like there is a new model), short of taking the motor off the pump, what is the best way to confirm the noise I'm hearing is coming from the motor and not the pump? (BTW, its leaking water between the pump and motor, which I assume is the shaft seal).

Thanks
I had this motor for 4 years. , sent 2 back over the recall. something was always wrong with it. Voltage errors, noises, > Finally had enough of US Motors and just junked and got an Intelliflo 3 HP VSP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.