Usa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R4
Hello, new member here. First time pool owner and first pool I've ever installed. It was no easy task. My backyard slopes and my ground is so rocky and hard I had no choice but to build up the back. I know it's not ideal but it was the only way. I layed down 4 tons of stone dust and wet and compacted layer by layer over the course of the week. The entire area was leveled with a laser level and it's within 1/4" level all around (I'm anal). Now, heres where it gets tricky. I had the bottom track dead nuts round and secured so it wouldn't move when we installed the wall in the track. When we came to the seam, we were off roughly and inch or two and kicked the footplates in all around to get it back to round. We installed the wall and liner and had the pool filled by 2 trucks as we are on a well. We did the shop vac technique and got the liner perfect no wrinkles. I noticed however after the trucks filled the pool that I had (2) uprights that were leaning. The one pictured to the left leaning in and the one picture to right leaning out. With a 4' level on these 2 uprights, they are off front to back (not side to side) 2" from top to bottom. It's visible and it's annoying the Crud out of me. I understand the only way to correct this is to drain the pool. Pool water costs 750 bucks and I've already spent a small fortune on this thing lol. I was hoping to wait until we have an issue with the liner to drain it and fix it. My concern is it a structural issue? Again the pool water is level and everything about the pool is 100% level. I think where we made a mistake was taking the pool out of round when we were bolting the seems. What kind of tolerance is there before it is a structural issue? Saftey is my top priority and my wife thinks I'm nuts. But i am a perfectionist with OCD tendencies when building things. She thinks I'm overreacting but as long as it isn't a structural issue I can deal with it as we will be building a deck for this pool next. Thoughts? Sorry for the novel and thanks in advance! I used the search function here with mixed results.
IMG-20220620-074554330-HDR.jpg
IMG-20220620-074554330-HDR-2.jpg

But i am a perfectionist with OCD tendencies when building things.
We certainly understand the OCD thing. That's why we are here and have TFP clear water. :) I tend to agree with your wife. Since everything else is solid and level, a little out of plumb shouldn't be a deal breaker. Let's see how others feel about it.

Pool Care Basics

Just wanted to let you know I posted something similar in 2019 and I have the same pool as you with the same exact thing going on. I was concerned about safety as well so I called the pool company and they told me as long as the water was level it was fine. They said it's just due to the pool settling and is normal. How true that is I don't know, but that's what they told me. But the pool is still standing three years later so (knock on wood) all good so far! 🤞🏻🙏🏻🤣
This was my thread with pics uprights not all straight - structurally sound? (with pics)

Just wanted to let you know I posted something similar in 2019 and I have the same pool as you with the same exact thing going on. I was concerned about safety as well so I called the pool company and they told me as long as the water was level it was fine. They said it's just due to the pool settling and is normal. How true that is I don't know, but that's what they told me. But the pool is still standing three years later so (knock on wood) all good so far! 🤞🏻🙏🏻🤣
This was my thread with pics uprights not all straight - structurally sound? (with pics)
I appreciate that and that's great to hear! It's been a month and ours is still standing too lol. I was lurking on here over the last week looking for a solution to storing my solar cover. Found most of the stuff was kind of cheap and flimsy so I just finished building this. I'm building a deck for the pool next week after vacation. It's not easy getting my kids in and out on a ladder and it's unsafe. Never thought I'd put so much time, effort and energy into a pool lol

Attachments

• IMG_20220715_204425829.jpg
    IMG_20220715_204425829.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.