Upgraded Pump - Leaks

kmc_78

Aug 11, 2016
Ontario, OH
Hubs is ready to throw everything in the trash. I feel like this whole thing is way more complicated than it should be. Please help me figure all this out.

AGP, Coleman 24x52. This is the second season, second year we've been pool owners.

This year we added a thru the wall skimmer = success. No leaks. Yay.

Two days later, the pump that came with the pool quit.

Upgrade to a Hydrotools 1.5hp pump and 19" sand filter.

The directions are less than helpful. Everything is set up and connected. But we have leaks where the hose is connected to the pump, from the skimmer and at the pump, from the hose that goes from the filter to the pump. It's been tightened as tight as it'll go, but still leaking. I feel like there's an obvious solution, we're just overlooking it.

Also, is it best to use the flexible tubes that come with the pump or upgrade the plumbing to pvc?

Thank you in advance.

Did you use teflon tape on those connections?
If you can, upgrade to pvc. It will be less leak prone and more durable.

Thanks for responding!!

Yes, used teflon. I think we've got it leak free now, just needed to tighten with super human strength.

Is there a site or anyplace that has a detailed description of what's needed for a pvc install? I drew it all out, but assuming I'm probably forgetting/not thinking of a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.