Upgrade to I Aqualink compatible with Alexa

Jana Coyle

May 30, 2020
Northlake,TX
I have seen other threads on here and I want to make certain I understand. We just had our pool built(less than 2 months). We have the Jandy Aqualink PDA firmware 7.0. We want to upgrade to the I Aqualink that will be compatible with Alexa. (our entire home runs on Alexa) I thought looking through the posts we only needed the IAqualink 2.0-A antenna. The poolbuilder states we need the additional board otherwise it only is on/off and has no control like our PDA does. This seems to conflict to the literature from Aqualink. Do we need to spend $1000 or will the $400 antenna and download of app give the same performance. I wan to get this for my husband for father's day so any info is appreciated. Shhhh it is a surprise (well only if in budget).

Needs to be the IQ20-RS which is the more expensive package. It is well worth the expense as it changes your programming device from the PDA to either a computer or phone interface. You'll probably not use the PDA after you upgrade. I did this upgrade and never use my PDA anymore. Alexa control is cool and works well.

Honestly your builder should have sold you this to begin with. You would have only paid a little more to get an RS system to begin with and not had the PDA at all. I suggest selling the PDA and antenna once the RS upgrade is installed you can get like $500 for it used maybe more.

• Love
Reactions: Jana Coyle
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.