Updated viewpoint on Durazzo vs Wetscapes Primera Edge?

convan23

Gold Supporter
Sep 27, 2020
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Considering a new pool build. We want a smooth plaster, I guess my feet are sensitive but every pebble pool I’ve been in they tear my feet up.

Down to 3 builders and 1 is set on Durazzo, one is set on Primera Edge, and the other will do either. I’ve searched this forum in and out on the difference between the two, but haven’t found a straight response.

Obviously WetEdge is the “higher quality” product with better warranty. Granted, their warranty also requires monthly store water testing which I doubt I’ll keep up with.

So, assuming both have skilled plaster installers, how much difference is there? (Both PBs are reputable, and we’re doing a light color). any Durazzo owners out there with strong opinions? Reading marketing material it seems like Durazzo is mainly a quartz aggregate while Primera is a pebble and glass aggregate.

Durazzo is coming in a few thousand dollars cheaper. Is Primera Edge worth the up charge?

Thanks!

Hi fellow Texan, welcome to TFP.
I have Wet Edge Primera Stone and really like the smooth finish. Have had it for 3 swim seasons and no trouble at all.
I think it comes down to budget and personal preference. It appears the main difference between Wet Edge & Durazzo is pebble aggregate vs. quartz sand aggregate which you pointed out and most likely the difference in $$$$.
I did read that Durazzo is polished so that is an equal to Primera Stone.
Not sure this helped you but both are good choices. Also, I did read about the warranty for Durazzo - Record all batch numbers. Warranties submitted without valid batch numbers are VOID. So your PB should supply you with that info.
Good Luck.

Yeah, thank you. I’ve heard nothing but positives from Primera Stone owners. Probably reason enough. I haven’t necessarily heard bad things though from Durazzo owners though. PB that’s set on Durazzo has installed it on his pool, his fathers pool, his bosses pool, they love it and swears it lasts just as well as Primera.

Yeah, thank you. I’ve heard nothing but positives from Primera Stone owners. Probably reason enough. I haven’t necessarily heard bad things though from Durazzo owners though. PB that’s set on Durazzo has installed it on his pool, his fathers pool, his bosses pool, they love it and swears it lasts just as well as Primera.
Either will be a great choice. Let us know which you select. Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.