Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi y’all,
Getting ready to try out my new toy which is a Worx Hydroshot to clean my 4 cartridges filters.

Took off the top of the filter housing, pulled off that cartridge holder, and then noticed this part in pic was cracked. This is some part that is on the top of some plastic rod in the pool filter housing. Is this necessary? Do I have to buy a new one as this one is cracked? What does it do?

44446726202_d0a6a63511_z.jpg

44496509581_d02a4eedc6_z.jpg

It's a screen for the air relief tube. The frame is there but the screen is missing.

It's not critical. With it off, you will get minor amounts of debris passing through the tube.

You can cap the tube, make a makeshift screen, leave it open or get a new screen.

Tx James.

I wrapped some all weather HVAC duct tape around the end & poked some holes in it. Seems like it’ll be good enough. If not I’ll just take it off and leave it open. However, wouldn’t there be a risk of this air tube getting clogged with debris?

It's best to have a screen to allow air to evacuate the filter and prevent debris from getting in the tube. You can get the original part or maybe just zip tie a cloth over the end.

I don’t see how air is actually going to travel down versus be at the top of the filter housing whether the filter is on or off. But especially when it is off air will travel up. This doesn’t seem like a necessary part as you mentioned nor spending too much time on it doesn’t seem worthwhile as again I think the air will travel up

Tx James.

I'll try it like I have it until about in a month when I eval/clean the filters again in anticipation of my pool resurfacing. At that time, perhaps I'll try that zipped tied cloth or stocking or part of any old skimmer net and see how that works.

Today, I mostly wanted to clean the cartridges to gauge how that Worx Hydroshot performed, and it did horrible. So horrible that I switched back to my straight brass nozzle within about 2 minutes.

So, again, I do the filters in a month as Wet Edge recommends having clean filters for when the pool surface is redone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.