Unidentified Hose Between Pump and Booster Pump

NicDMX

Dec 24, 2017
Vienna/VA
Hi All,
My pool equipment/plumbing includes a narrow, semi=flexible hose that runs from the output of the pump to the booster pump for the Polaris cleaner. For some reason, it has two holes in either end that I'm guessing were caused when my pool company closed the pool -- although I'm not sure because I do not know the function of this hose and whether it would have leaked when the pool was open and operating last season (my first season with the pool).

My questions are:
1.) What is the function of this hose? Is there a reason why there should be a hole in it, perhaps to relieve pressure?
2.) Where can I buy a replacement hose?

I'm attaching some pictures of the hose, the connection point out of the main pump, and what I think is the connection point to the booster pump.

IMG_20180402_184937.jpg
IMG_20180402_185001.jpg
IMG_20180402_185316.jpg

Thanks. The metal collar must have been around some pvc close to the booster pump previously, making me think it was connected. The pool company removed it when connecting my swg, and I couldn't find the place I thought it was connected to.

If this wasn't connected to something, is it surprising that it wasn't leaking water all last season? I don't have a chlorine tab feeder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.