Scranny

May 9, 2022
Buffalo mn
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello why can’t I ever get my water balanced right? I have dry stabilizer in a sock but I lose so much chlorine all the time, my AK is is very high also. And my ph is right at 7.8…CH is high too. But a couple weeks ago everything was perfect.

Let's try to help you out. Please post a full set of water test results and tell us which test kit you are using. It would also help to kow how you cholorinate the water everyday.

Be sure to update your signature too. See mine as an example.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hey!

How are you testing and you post a full set of test results?
Likely you are losing chlorine because you don't have stabilizer, which it looks like you are adding.

I don’t know how to do my signature thingy but I have the Taylor K-2500 testing kit. Here’s my results. We have a cartridge filter system. I just use Liquid chlorine from the hardware store.
FC-.5
TA-210
PH-7.8
CYA-30
CH-650

My pool is a 24 ft round pool. Maybe I need way more stabilizer? Feels like if I don’t stand guard and baby the pool everyday it goes south so fast. I brush it about every other day and vacuum couple times a week. It’s clear right now but it’s not gonna last when my FC is at 0.5 only!! And it gets really dirty. Maybe it’s the dumb cartridge filter system we have.

I don’t know how to do my signature thingy but I have the Taylor K-2500 testing kit.
Taylor K-2005 maybe? Might think about adding the fas-dpd testing kit which is more accurate...Taylor K-1515C.
Here’s my results. We have a cartridge filter system. I just use Liquid chlorine from the hardware store.
FC-.5
TA-210
PH-7.8
CYA-30
CH-650
You may need more chlorine on a daily basis. Your target FC should be based on your CYA levels. Always follow this...Link-->FC/CYA Levels
My pool is a 24 ft round pool. Maybe I need way more stabilizer?
Could be, in MN your loss shouldn't be more than 4ppm/day. More likely, you need the FAS-DPD test kit, and test and replace FC daily. Increasing CYA to 50ppm will decrease your FC usage.
Feels like if I don’t stand guard and baby the pool everyday it goes south so fast.
Yes, we recommend testing and replacing FC daily.
I brush it about every other day and vacuum couple times a week. It’s clear right now but it’s not gonna last when my FC is at 0.5 only!! And it gets really dirty. Maybe it’s the dumb cartridge filter system we have.
Cartridge filters are one of the best filtering systems. It is your chemistry, not the filter.

Revisit this...Link-->Pool Care Basics

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.