Falmouth, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
My pool was just opened. I have 2 returns and pool tech left them pointing downward which isn’t optimal for skimmer function. I am able to twist one, but can’t budge the other. Is there some sort of wrench that will help? Also, any advice on how best to position the jet flow appreciated. Thank you.

Many supposedly "hand tight" connections like this on my pool led me to buy a very big channel lock pliers. At max it handles about 4 1/2 inches. It needs to be used VERY gently - you can easily crush stuff, so choke up on the handles. But it's loosened everything I've run into so far including return eyeballs, equalizer vent, pressure-side robot fitting, various union nuts, filter pressure valve, and others. If scratching will be an issue, I wrap whatever I'm turning in a rag first. The right kind of strap wrench might work, too.

Reactions: Newdude
Many supposedly "hand tight" connections like this on my pool led me to buy a very big channel lock pliers. At max it handles about 4 1/2 inches. It needs to be used VERY gently - you can easily crush stuff, so choke up on the handles. But it's loosened everything I've run into so far including return eyeballs, equalizer vent, pressure-side robot fitting, various union nuts, filter pressure valve, and others. If scratching will be an issue, I wrap whatever I'm turning in a rag first. The right kind of strap wrench might work, too.
Thank you!