Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
It is hard to bite your tongue on these posts.....

You need a FaceBook account to see this.

Need help with the basics of chemicals!
The pool I got with the house is a chlorine only pool with cyanuric as high as 83. The pool person said high CYA goes with high chlorine, which is not what I want.
My plan was to add Del AOP 25., then change the water to reset the cyanuric level. Then like many people here recommended, use an inline chlorinator to dispense chlorine tabs more slowly and target to keep the chlorine as low as .5-1ppm.
My pool person told me the tabs will continue to drive up the CYA. He thinks instead of an inline chlorinator, I get a liquidator chlorine feeder so that it’s liquid chlorine I add without CYA in it. Otherwise if I don’t want to worry about CYA going up, I change to salt pool. Anyone has recommendations which liquidator feeder to get?
I’m trying to avoid the extra expenses with a salt pool, but if the feeder is still some investment and more work, then converting to salt pool might make sense to me.
PS: apologies for all the very basic questions!

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.