Typical time to let concrete cure before putting out furniture?

tabitha_599

Jun 18, 2019
Tennessee
Our deck was finally poured yesterday, 39 days after our fiberglass pool was installed. We've been a little frustrated with the process but I'm happy to finally have it done. That said, all of the outdoor stuff I've been storing and collecting during this build process it accumulating in my front room. So when is it safe for me to put that stuff out? Our contractor said we could walk on it after 24 hours which will be this afternoon but does that mean it's safe to put out some loungers, chairs, rugs, and what not? I don't want to do it too soon and mess it up but if it's okay then I want to get this stuff out of the house and start getting my backyard in order :) It's fiberglass enforced concrete if that makes a difference. Our builder never gives me straight answers on anything I ask and honestly at this point I trust the advice on this forum more than I do his.

At 24 hours the outside is hard enough that walking or *placing* chairs on it won’t do any harm. It still may be a little medium rare on the inside so I’d hold off before *sitting*in chairs with your weight focused to the 4 small legs. 2 to 3 days is probably plenty but at this point and all you’ve been through, I’d wait a week. Same goes for the rest of the stuff clogging your house up. As long as nothing is particularly heavy with small feet, it’s ok to go out.

Reactions: tabitha_599
It was a month before we could put the hot tub out but 24 hours for furniture. I’m with the others — put light stuff out but don’t sit for a few days to a week. I wouldn’t put rugs out for a week but that might be conservative!

Reactions: tabitha_599
put light stuff out but don’t sit for a few days to a week. I wouldn’t put rugs out for a week but that might be conservative!

Same with me. I didn’t care what was considered ‘safe’ to do. With all we went through I would have kicked myself for the next 20 years if I jumped the gun too early. It’s just not worth the risk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.