texasAUtiger

Jul 10, 2021
Waco, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I realize this a question with a lot of variables, but my pool is new and I'm just trying to calibrate my expectations (and planning) for how much LC to have on hand, especially since LC is very difficult to find around town now, so...

15,600 IG with plaster, no SWCG, in the TX sun but I'd say on average half the pool is partially shaded throughout the day, 2-4 people swimming for about 3-4 hours a day, pool is scrubbed and kept clean daily

pH stays around 7.8 and CYA is 40 but pool logs will show more details.

*About* how many ppm of FC should I expect to lose per day? Or, if it is easier to answer, about how much LC should I anticipate using per day? Ballpark figures are fine.

Last edited:
In case this helps someone else down the line, note that

1 gal of 10% LC added to a 10,000 gal pool equates to 10 ppm increase in FC

1 gal of 10% LC added to a 16,000 gal pool (my size) equates to 6.25 ppm increase in FC

So, if I lose 3 ppm FC per day, I can expect to go through a gallon of 10% LC about every two days.

Reactions: HermanTX
My pool at 14,600 gals uses 64 oz per day (1/2 gal) of 10% LC. I am also at 50CYA so you may wish to move up from 40 as that will help hold some chlorine in the pool but you have run at a little higher FC ppm. Refer to FC/CYA Levels. But the loss will be somewhat less per day.

I have 3 outlets for LC in Houston are - Leslie's has package of 4 gals per box, Home Depot has package of 4 gals per box and Pinch a Penny sells refillable 2.5gal container.

Reactions: texasAUtiger
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.