Typical evaporation rates

klanel

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2021
Athens, GA
Pool filled a week ago up to the bottom of the overflow. Level is down 1/2" in a week. I know rain, humidity, temp, amount of sun, wind, all play a factor but how often do most add water to their pool?
We've had some windy days and temps a couple of days mid to upper 70's.

A 1/2" loss in a week is not bad. In my Riverside, CA desert environment I have lost as much as 1" per day when the temp is 110 degrees and a wind is blowing. I have a pool fill valve as part of my sprinkler controller that adds a few minutes of fill each day, but I sill have to look each morning where the pool level is a adjust accordingly. A lot of variables are involved here, so it is a matter of keeping an eye on the water level. You DO NOT want the water level to fall below the skimmer and cause your pump to run dry.

Gary

1/2 inch is GREAT. Let me enlighten you to the east coast Murphy's pool law. If you are low and wait because a big storm is coming, it blows out to sea. When you are low and add because the extended forecast says sun for 2 weeks, a 5 incher happens later that day.

There is also a small leak from the led conduit to the spa. The led has not been installed yet. It's cut low and gravity is pushing the water up. I capped and taped but did not glue. During the days, you can't tell it's leaking. At night when things cool off, there is a hairline trickle from the conduit to the nearby deck drain. So I don't know how much is being lost from the conduit leak versus the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.