wsamon

Mar 16, 2015
Largo, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Anyone know of a product like the poolskim that works on the suction side? I just upgraded from a suction side cleaner to a robot and would like to convert my vacuum port into a second skimmer since the first one doesn't do a good job on its own.

Reactions: PeterG
I have not see anything like that but that does not mean its not out there.. If you find something let me know cause I also have a suction side setup I am not using :)

I have not see anything like that but that does not mean its not out there.. If you find something let me know cause I also have a suction side setup I am not using :)
What I ended up doing was buying an above ground skimmer that has a floating vertical weir. Instead of using the supplied hose, which let it just float away since there's no wall to use their clamps on, I jerry-rigged it into my inlet with the inlet attachment from my suction side, some 1" sched 40 pvc, and black rubber couplings (the kind with the metal band clamps you tighten with a screw. It works pretty well, but I currently have to tilt it sideways a bit until I change the piping to lower its base since my inlet port is so high. The only real issue I see is that my new robot knocks it out of the inlet so I'll have to remove it when I run the robot unless I can figure out something around that.

Here's the model I got. There are other options obviously. Note that this is not an affiliate link, just an example of the product.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Anyone know of a product like the poolskim that works on the suction side? I just upgraded from a suction side cleaner to a robot and would like to convert my vacuum port into a second skimmer since the first one doesn't do a good job on its own.
Hi wsamon, I have a similar problem .. and what I’m thinking about doing is actually replumbing the vacuum like to be a return line and then hooking up a poolskim… We just planted a bunch of bamboo for privacy , but what a mess! So many leaves. I had used the vacuum line for a vacuum but the skimmer isn’t working they well so I figure what the heck, I can attach the vacuum to the filter and then add the Poolskim to catch all the leaves. How is your setup working.?

Hi wsamon, I have a similar problem .. and what I’m thinking about doing is actually replumbing the vacuum like to be a return line and then hooking up a poolskim… We just planted a bunch of bamboo for privacy , but what a mess! So many leaves. I had used the vacuum line for a vacuum but the skimmer isn’t working they well so I figure what the heck, I can attach the vacuum to the filter and then add the Poolskim to catch all the leaves. How is your setup working.?
It's actually working really well. Once I set up a couple elbows to lower the height it's better than my normal skimmer, honestly. I'll try to put up a video here soon. The only thing I didn't like is that, like a regular skimmer, the grid to block debris is pretty open, so I added some panty hose to catch finer stuff before it gets to my pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.