Trouble with new spa jets

KurtinTUS

Silver Supporter
Jul 20, 2017
Tucson
Been trying to get in touch with my PB all week about this, but they must be on Spring Break or something. So I'll throw it out here for any opinions:

Okay, so this is a shot of my in-ground spa's...would it be called the aerator? I think it normally allows some air into the lines to the jets to give them some froth.

IMG_0598.jpg

When things were operating normally, I think air would be pulled in through the holes in the white cap.

IMG_0599.jpg

But earlier in the week I noticed that now for some reason when the spa jets are on, there is water coming out of the holes. Not a gusher, but a steady flow that will soon overflow on to the coping and continue flowing until the spa jets are turned off. The jets themselves also now seem to not have any bubbles coming out of them. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!

You might try lowering the water in the spa till you're right below the jets and then run the spa as usual. This could drain the water out of air supply line, also you can check each jet for good velocity. Not saying you should but I would think of extending that air line away from spa and raising it up a bit. At that level there is no room for any backpressure pushing water up into that line. If the air doesn't start try blowing into line while your running jets

A good idea, and I tried it last night. After draining the spa to just below the jets, I turned the spa on and got a nice airy flow out of all the jets, with no water coming out of the aerator. When I switched to the high-speed jet setting, the flow rate increased as expected to the jets, but water began to come out of the aerator. We're having a pool party later today so I refilled the spa and tried everything out again, but I'm pretty much back to the original results. If I run the spa at the low setting, there is no overflow, but there also is no air coming out of the jets. High flow setting also has no air, and then the aerator overflows with water.

I wish my PB would return my calls....:(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.