Trouble Free Pool Lurker

dlgawlak62

May 30, 2023
Holland, MI
Hello From Michigan, Been a pool owner for 20 years and owe all my knowledge to Trouble-free pool website. It has been a blessing!

I noticed when slamming and continuously running the pump it gets pretty hot, so Hot I can't leave my hand on it. Is it bad, not sure how old but at least 10 years? How hot do these things get? Over the years I don't remember it being that hot. I have a plaster 35000 gal pool with a sta-rite 3/4 horse pump. thank you..

Welcome to TFP! :wave: How old is your pump motor? Mine is going on 9 years and it gets quite warm at times. I changed the shaft seal a few months back and that seems to have helped with a friction issue. Of course heat is a motor's enemy, so the cooler the better. A motor running ~ 135 degrees or below is doing good. Between 135 - 150 degrees is starting to get warm but tolerable. A casing surface temp over 150 is a sign of age/wear, such as bearings for example that may be causing excess friction and heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.