Tricolor and CYA

Mar 18, 2008
I have a small leak and am loosing about 1" water/day. While I try to find the leak I am having trouble maintaining my CYA.

I was thinking of switching to trichlor until I get this problem fixed. My current CYU is 10 and I opened with 8# for a 25,000 gal pool 1 month ago.

So, how much CYA is in the tricolor?

I know you didn't ask but it is almost impossible to detect CYA in that range.

The trichlor tabs will drive your pH down and will bring CYA up VERY slowly......but not with that leak

FTWIW, you will probably never get the CYA up to any appreciable level with a leak that size. Your other parameters will be hard to maintain as well.

I know the CYA is low and just a guess. The lowering of pH doesn't concern me too much as I'm always fighting my pH as it is, and my fill water pH is greater than 8.2.

Any advice for finding a leak?

duraleigh said:
Any advice for finding a leak?
Too vague to help much. Give us some more info.

One of the problems with the internet...you took my quote at face value...and didn't detect my sarcasm...lol

linen said:

The leak's in the plumbing as I am getting air in my return line...it's such a hassle

Thanks to all for great help!! Your expertice and experience are greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.