Tricky Air leak

Sep 10, 2018
Greenville SC
I just completed a pool build. I have a Hayward vsp, de filter, heat pump and salt system. I installed a water temp sensor in the line and the next day had an air leak. One would assume it was due to the temp sensor which I placed between the pump and filter, however common sense says that would cause a water leak, not bubble from the jets. I dont have a ton of air in my filter pot and when I look in my jandy valves I don’t see bubbles. Ive tried reseating the temp sensor and putting lube around it. Ive checked all of my valves and made sure they are tight. I even took out my pump drain plugs and put teflon tape around them and reseated them. Still going on. Ive tried to figure it out with the water test, and haven’t been able to narrow it down. It’s got me stumped. Any suggestions.

OK, if you have an air leak (pump running) those bubbles have to be from somewhere between your skimmer and the pump.....nowhere else. I don't understand why you can't see them as they pass through the system......UNLESS, you are seeing the small bubbles a salt water generator produces. Got a pic of the bubbles?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don’t have a pic of the bubbles but I could get one tomorrow. I would think I would see a considerable amount passing through the pump or in the check valves. When on low I do see a few bubbles in the pump but they are just moving around on top. I guess that’s why it’s difficult because it doesn’t make logical sense to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.