TriChlor

I never thought about that, I am not consuming very much chlorine at all. Right I have had one tab in the chlorinator for two weeks and I have about half a tab left.
I checked my numbers earlier and listed them below.
FC = 7.2
CC = 0
CH = 800
TA = 100
CYA = 60
My CYA seems to be holding and not climbing. I have my chlorinator on the lowest setting it has. I still am not clear how the setting numbers correlate to chlorine release into my pool. I run my pump about 6 hours a day, in the morning. I have a friend who is in the water/waste water business and he said a company called Biowish Technologies makes a biodegradable CYA reducer? It sounded interesting, I have to do some research on this to see if it is a valid product but who knows!
I will just have to watch this over the winter months and into next season to see how this progresses. My wife doesn't want to spend the money for a SWG right now so I will stay with chlorine and watch the numbers and see what happens.
That's an extremely small amount of chlorine consumption. Very unusual I'd say. It seems the pool must be getting very little sunlight for that to happen. This pool isn't in an enclosure or covered a good part of each day is it? Considering the small amount of tabs being used you may well get by with using them indefinitely assuming you need to drain some water periodically due to rainfall. If the summer use is that small the winter use will be even smaller, likely half or less. That amount is so small you may as well use liquid chlorine every week or so.

That's an extremely small amount of chlorine consumption. Very unusual I'd say. It seems the pool must be getting very little sunlight for that to happen. This pool isn't in an enclosure or covered a good part of each day is it? Considering the small amount of tabs being used you may well get by with using them indefinitely assuming you need to drain some water periodically due to rainfall. If the summer use is that small the winter use will be even smaller, likely half or less. That amount is so small you may as well use liquid chlorine every week or so.
That is the interesting part, during the summer our pool is in direct sunlight 9 plus hours a day and right now we are getting direct sun from about 9:00 am until about 4:00 pm. I checked my numbers again with my TF-100 and FC - 5. I have plenty of chlorine that the pool builder supplied us with. With the tabs and bottled chlorine I might not have to buy any for a few years.

And I forgot to say, we visit Brenham, TX evry couple of years. Friends family ranch is just outside Brenham.

Folks have not rerally lived until they visit the Blue Bell plant or stop at a Buc-ee's.......
Great info and I have learned a lot, if I every do try that CYA reducer I will post some results. May never need to with Texas rain but who knows. I live 1/2 mile from the Blue Bell creamery, nothing better than a $1 bowl of good ole Blue Bell. I hit Buc-ee's two or three times a week, love me some Buc-ee's. I drive from Brenham to Houston everyday so a Buc-ee's stop is a great break from driving.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.