Trench to equipment pad

oh-DIY-io

Jun 12, 2019
Ohio
I still need to dig the trench to my equipment pad.

Questions
1 - What's the ideal width and depth
2 - I need to go from 42" deep to ground level. How steeply can I do that? (the more gradual the rise the more dirt I have to move!)

Thanks!

18" deep minimum. You can start at the 42", then 90 up to the 18" depth. The width should be wide enough that all the suction and return lines can lay horizontally side by side. If you have a spa or water features, the number of lines can add up quickly. A 36"-48" wide trench is not uncommon. A simple pool can be 12" wide.

Placing 2" of clean sand above and below the plumbing will help to protect the pipes.

Reactions: allinspector
Get a mini X rental and do it the easy way. For a simple pool one bucket width is plenty. I always prefer to pitch the lines towards the pool and come up right at the pad. The deeper the better. I use concrete sand it packs tight and water doesn't move it around or settle it if under the decking

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.