Tree Recommendations

May 10, 2018
Fairborn, OH
Oh Hi All! We have two large mature trees blocking the morning and afternoon sun, so our pool is colder than we would like, even using a solar cover. I'd take them down, but they also block the view of the residents in the apartment behind our house. These trees also drop helicopters in the spring, green leaves and twigs after a rain, and brown leaves in the fall, all right into our pool. Can anyone recommend "Pool friendly" trees that grow quickly, don't make a mess, but are not over 10 ft tall?

What USDA plant hardiness zone are you in? There are several that grow here at the border of zone 8/9--Eagleston Holly, Wax Myrtle, and others that are evergreen and otherwise pool friendly, but I don't know if they'll work where you are. Your best bet is going to be a local plant nursery, or if you want more, a landscape architect.

What USDA plant hardiness zone are you in? There are several that grow here at the border of zone 8/9--Eagleston Holly, Wax Myrtle, and others that are evergreen and otherwise pool friendly, but I don't know if they'll work where you are. Your best bet is going to be a local plant nursery, or if you want more, a landscape architect.
I am in zone 6a. Thank you. I didn't even know about those zones, that helps. I'll see about that Myrtle and Evergreen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.