Treating algae, but seems like pool has a problem

Jun 14, 2014
Aberdeen,MD
I've cleared the green from the pool and now it's cloudy. I'm running the pool vacuum for the first time and the filter/pump is having one heck of a time pushing enough water through to make it work. Prior to doing this, the return jet was pushing out bubbles, making me think there is an issue but I can't diagnose it. Everything appears to be connected right. Any thoughts here?

How did you 'clear the green'?

Please post a set of test results so we can understand the pool.

From green to cloudy tells me you are in the middle of a SLAM, correct?

Clean out the pump basket and check the lid gasket carefully. If there's any grass or grit on the seating surfaces, it won't seal and you'll get air. Make sure it's lubricated.

Also check your filter pressure. It could just be clogged up with all the cloudy stuff you've filtered so far and the longer hose from the vacuum combined with a clogged filter could be enough to stop things.

Clean out the pump basket and check the lid gasket carefully. If there's any grass or grit on the seating surfaces, it won't seal and you'll get air. Make sure it's lubricated.

Also check your filter pressure. It could just be clogged up with all the cloudy stuff you've filtered so far and the longer hose from the vacuum combined with a clogged filter could be enough to stop things.

Thanks all. Shortly after I posted this I ended up finding the problem. The return jet input was leaking a little bit of water which I did not see earlier. Reconnected and threw another clamp on there and it's as good as new. No more bubbles, better water flow, and the vacuum is running now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.