Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I'm ready for my next project! For the intex we built one of those handy PVC type tables that went over the rail to place food, phones, books etc on. I want something similar for my new pool, but I haven't come across anything for the wide top rails. I've been thinking even a shelf that sits outside the pool and could hold a small cooler also would work. Right now our 3'x3' deck platform is a dumping ground for coolers, towels, shoes, phones etc and it's a trip hazard and something expensive is going to get knocked into the pool. Anyone build or have anything similar to this?

I would build a deck/platform with no stairs just for holding things. Deck boards are the expensive part of building a deck if you are DIYing it. You would only need a few and the other lumber would be fairly cheap. As wide as a big cooler and twice as long would be plenty of shelf space.

@sammckin -that is what we had before and it worked great, but with my current pool the top rails are a lot wider and thinner, I can't picture how I would brace it. I might go get a bunch of fittings and see what I can come up with. At least PVC pipe is cheap.

@Newdude this is what our current platform set up is, we have talked about maybe thinking of a way to extend off of it somehow. Don't mind some of my wavy deck boards, no wood seems to keep straight out here anymore.
1590177207379.png

I would build something very similar but narrower on the other side all by itself so it didnt need railings. 3 deckboards deep, going lentghwise (6ft ? ish) with one section of pool wall. It would look really nice to have 2 and angle them with the 2 sections of wall, but it would cost double.

If you wanted to put coolers on it i would make it a foot lower than the wall so the not so tall people could reach it too.

@sammckin -that is what we had before and it worked great, but with my current pool the top rails are a lot wider and thinner, I can't picture how I would brace it. I might go get a bunch of fittings and see what I can come up with. At least PVC pipe is cheap.

@Newdude this is what our current platform set up is, we have talked about maybe thinking of a way to extend off of it somehow. Don't mind some of my wavy deck boards, no wood seems to keep straight out here anymore.
View attachment 140888
Gotcha, maybe you could build off you platform to extend it. Share what you come up with!

@kne , I know this is old thread but do you remember what exact cuts you used to build your table for you pool. That’s like the one I desperately want to make! Thanks

I decided to go fast and dirty with a PVC table. Since my local TAP Plastic is on COVID hours I used a piece of plywood for now. Got to say that PVC glue dries WAY TO FAST. But this fits the need for now.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.