Travertine coping?

Dec 16, 2018
Surprise
Has anyone ever used standard 12x12 tumbled travertine as their coping vs the designated Travertine Coping ? And what is the difference? Finish? Durability etc etc? The edge would obviously be straight and flat vs a bullnose or designed edge but the price would seem to be a lot cheaper.

I used a 12x24 travertine coping on my pool with square corners (no bullnose). Check my build thread for photos, but I like it way more than the rounded edges. My deck subcontractor said the 12x24 were just standard travertine pieces and it did help reduce my costs.

Thank you. Our PB used standard pavers for the coping and in reality it's our fault because we didnt hammer down exactly what the coping would consist of. Everyone who has came and checked out the build has just mentioned it's a way the PBs are cutting cost. Same standard charge for more expensive coping but using the 12x12s as the coping.

Looks nice but the edges are probably gonna be a little rough on the kids getting in and out.

What is the thickness of the standard 12 x 24 pieces. I know standard coping is 2", a tile supplier suggested using the standard tumbled bull nose coping, but cutting of the bullnose and using the other end for the edge since it is tumbled. My PB said the inside edge is frequently a rough cut. I want the straight edge with a much thickness as possible. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.