TR-100 gauge threading cracked

bhubb

Jan 4, 2016
KS
I installed a new gauge on my newish tr100 and must have put too much Teflon on because it split the plastic air bleed assembly like nothing. I am going to replace it but what are tricks?
Should I have skipped Teflon? The oem one had Teflon installed on it (I thought)
Is there a brass/metal adapter that can be installed so the thing won’t split? These gauges are garbage and seems like I have to replace every year or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
That stinks. Not sure of any tricks or mods for that one. One or two wraps seems very reasonable. While many people remove their gauges for winter closing, have you looked into the glycerin filled gauges? They seem to hold up better.

I do plan on getting a tf gauge I read on here to prevent the gauge from failing so quickly.
Desperate times called for desperate measures and I got one at Lowe’s. Thing is already corroded only half a summer in from leak. Leak is very mild so will be fine for a bit.
Anyone changed an air bleeder on the pentair triton 2? I assume it is oring and threads in and out?

Anyone changed an air bleeder on the pentair triton 2? I assume it is oring and threads in and out?
Not me personally, but on the drawing HERE they show several air relief configurations, but each of them look like the parts are replaceable. Probably not much difference in teh 60 vs 100, but I'll update your thread title. :)

I do plan on getting a tf gauge I read on here to prevent the gauge from failing so quickly.
Desperate times called for desperate measures and I got one at Lowe’s. Thing is already corroded only half a summer in from leak. Leak is very mild so will be fine for a bit.
I have , do you have the 6inch lid or 8 inch lid?
The small lid just unscrew the whole lid and un screw the small nut under the lid for the air relief pull it out and thread in a new one.
The big lid you have to remove the lid and spin the large nut off the bottom to replace the air relief Redirect Notice

They both should have an oring.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I am not certain because all the literature and parts breakdowns I see do not look like the one I have. Part number on filter is 140210. I tried to put jb on it to slow it down but didn’t do much. Here is my top.

Attachments

• 80CDA461-7E2D-46DE-8D14-C2A920134D48.jpeg
    80CDA461-7E2D-46DE-8D14-C2A920134D48.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.