Touch up paint for frame of Bestway/Coleman AGP

So I am into month #2 of our 22' x 54" Bestway ultra frame APG. Going great so far and the family is loving it!

I do see some areas of the top rail where the connections have rubbed the paint off and surface rust is already starting.

I'd like to get on top of this right away. Does anyone know of a good rust fighting paint that matches the gray paint on the Bestway frames?

Alternately, I have also considered sanding away the minor rust that is there and spraying a clear coat of some kind just to slow it down. Thoughts on that approach?
Thanks,
Pete

i have the same issue on my top rail connections. what i think i am going to do is go to Home Depot and see if they can match the color with some exterior oil based paint. i am only going to get a quart since that is the smallest you can buy. then i am going to take a craft brush and brush it on. i have to make sure to either get a paint & primer in one, or just put the primer on each spot and buy this time i make it around the pool it should be good to paint over it. who knows if it will work not but something is needed.

so, i got the home depot brand (BEHR) of exterior oil based paint to match the Winter Grey. It matched perfectly to my pool legs and top rails. i lightly sanded and put some basic primer on my top rails. after about an hour, because i was doing other things. i applied the paint. it really looks good. we will see how long it lasts.

My suggestion is to tape all the joints. I used white electrical tape on my Metal Frame Intex (Blue pool with white poles) after it started rusting when I changed over to saltwater. I took the pool down this spring after 9 years and the rust wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I just taped over the rust as painting was way too much work and it seemed to be the perfect fix. I even taped the joints on my ladder and electrical tape will stay on for years without issue. you can also use silicone tape as shown in this thread:Rusted Intex Frame - Page 4
me new Intex came with 100% non-metal T-connectors which is great. Now there is no metal-to-metal rubbing when the pool frame is moving around, so I did not tape the joints this time, but will if I see any rust starting to form.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.