Total newbie. A little overwhelmed.

Your numbers look quite good except that CYA. :scratch: That is odd. We'd hate to add too much though and over-shoot. You used the sock method to dissolve the stabilizer so it should be good. We'll give the CYA a couple more days to acclimate. Good work! Now that you've passed an OCLT and your FC appears to be holding well, you can breath a bit easier. Your pH is on the low end but not to worry, it is fine. I suspect it will creep upwards soon enough. I'd leave the TA alone for now. Just focus on testing the FC once a day and the pH maybe every 2-3 days. Try to find a consistent time of day so you can compare FC changes in a 24 hrs period. If you ever see the FC crash extremely low or fall more than 4 ppm in 24 hrs, let us know.
Well, I will say…there’s still CYA in the socks. 😳 I have squeezed them intermittently but definitely still some in there. Water looks pretty good, but still is a bit cloudy in the deep end. Should I just let the FC level out at this point or still try to keep it in the high end?

Since we are shifting gears to a new scenario from water balancing to what appears to be a filter (lateral) problem, I'm going to split these last few posts about sand to a new thread. It should help keep teh discussions relevant and less confusing. So be on the lookout for the new thread I make for you.

Reactions: Bryleemom0709
Here is the link to your other thread about sand out of the jets (thingys). :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.