Total Alkalinity High

This is going to be my first year off of Mineral Springs. I tested this morning and my TA is high according to the recommendations here. I used a Taylor K-2006 test kit.
FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 130
CH 100
CYA 70
Temperature is 75

my question is should I chase the TA number or let it go? I have never had a problem with high PH due to the SWG. I have no idea what I was putting in weekly out of the Mineral Springs bag though. That could have helped with that I suppose. What would be the best way to lower the TA if it’s needed?

Thanks in advance

I have a somewhat similar situation.

FC 10
CC 1
CH 175
TA 270
CYA 90
PH 7.1

I was thinking I should aerate for a while. Anyone have other input or suggestions? It's an older pool but our first season with it. I'm not sure why the TA is so or the stabilizer. Using liquid chlorine 12.5%

I have a somewhat similar situation.

FC 10
CC 1
CH 175
TA 270
CYA 90
PH 7.1

I was thinking I should aerate for a while. Anyone have other input or suggestions? It's an older pool but our first season with it. I'm not sure why the TA is so or the stabilizer. Using liquid chlorine 12.5%
If the water is warm enough to swim in, you can aerate. If you have to wait to get in, just leave it. You have a vinyl liner and pH isn't that far out of whack. Let it come up at its own speed.

The 1 CC worries me, as does the 90 CYA. How does the water look? The CC could dissipate if its just been trapped under a cover. If so, it'll be gone soon enough and careful attention to FC levels will let you maintain the pool despite the high CYA.

If the pool doesn't look so good, then you'll probably want to replace some water before you SLAM Process, and the pH will get all changed with the replacement water.

If the water is warm enough to swim in, you can aerate. If you have to wait to get in, just leave it. You have a vinyl liner and pH isn't that far out of whack. Let it come up at its own speed.

The 1 CC worries me, as does the 90 CYA. How does the water look? The CC could dissipate if its just been trapped under a cover. If so, it'll be gone soon enough and careful attention to FC levels will let you maintain the pool despite the high CYA.

If the pool doesn't look so good, then you'll probably want to replace some water before you SLAM Process, and the pH will get all changed with the replacement water.

Thanks for the reply!

actually the pool looks great. I slammed it a couple weeks ago, and also replaced the sand in the filter. My tf 100 test kit didn't arrive until Friday so i had been flying blind. For my slam i'd used 6 lbs of crystal shock, two gallons of 12.5 % liquid chlorine and several pucks were in the inline chlorinater.

The deep end is 8ft and I can see the seams of the liner all the way down. we actually used it all weekend starting Saturday. The water got up to 82 today.

I don't know why the cya and alkalinity are so high, must be leftover from the previous owner. I'm leaving the solar cover off tonight as we're having a storm and I'd rather the skimmers do the work instead of me scooping

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.