Top Gun - movie remake trailer

AndyTN

Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2019
Memphis
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
While being a pool owner will get you a lot more street cred than being a fighter pilot, who else is super excited about the trailer for the new Top Gun remake next year? Tom Cruise looks ridiculously old but I still got chills watching the trailer.

I made my wife watch Top Gun in its entirety for the first time Memorial Day weekend. She said to me during the movie "oh, so that's why you whisper to yourself 'time to buzz the tower' every time we drive past a cyclist on the side of the road".

I was briefly looking for the trailer a few minutes before I saw your post. I am certainly excited.
We had some work stuff that got delayed due to some of the filming ... I guess they pay better than us so we got bumped :D ... then the hurricane made a mess of things ...

I have always loved that they used real jets instead of crappy CGI. And for this movie at least some part of that was kept, not sure how much CGI there will actually be in the movie.

Reactions: MyAZPool
If they dont start the new movie with the old skool keyboard playing intro/ somebody hitting a throttle/ Highway to the Danger Zone, im never watching another movie again

I was briefly looking for the trailer a few minutes before I saw your post. I am certainly excited.
We had some work stuff that got delayed due to some of the filming ... I guess they pay better than us so we got bumped :D ... then the hurricane made a mess of things ...

I have always loved that they used real jets instead of crappy CGI. And for this movie at least some part of that was kept, not sure how much CGI there will actually be in the movie.
I just finished watching a "trailer explanation" clip about the new film on YouTube, and the narrator quoted Tom Cruise as saying that "ALL flying scenes are real".
Hopefully so.
r.

Reactions: jblizzle
I did read the Kenny loggins might be working on the theme and hoping to work with a younger more current band.

That will have to do cuz they’ll want to be original. They nailed the opening scene of the original with the sun coming up and the heat blazing of the deck, almost slow motion-y and BOOM !! Hope they do it again.

I remember as a kid my mother owned a store/restaurant in a very small farming town in the middle of Illinois. In the store she rented VHS players and movies. Every weekend a certain new release would come up missing and people would complain. I only got in trouble for sneaking it out after she learned what the phrase “I was inverted” referred to. ?

• Haha
Reactions: frogabog

I remember as a kid my mother owned a store/restaurant in a very small farming town in the middle of Illinois. In the store she rented VHS players and movies. Every weekend a certain new release would come up missing and people would complain. I only got in trouble for sneaking it out after she learned what the phrase “I was inverted” referred to. ?

We spoke in Top Gun -ese for years. **mom** `What did you do to Billy that got you in trouble' **me** ''Communicating........ Keeping up foreign relations'

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In our neighborhoods, we have nice wide roads which cyclists will still take up the whole right lane or even the middle instead of staying to the very side close to the curb. I just like to zoom past them with a foot or two of space to "buzz the tower" in hopes to scare them back over to the side of the road. We have a very busy 4-lane road in our town with a nice, wide bike lane to the right but cyclists will still ride in the right lane, right beside the bike lane but not in it. These idiots get more intense fly-bys than the neighborhood streets.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
In our neighborhoods, we have nice wide roads which cyclists will still take up the whole right lane or even the middle instead of staying to the very side close to the curb. I just like to zoom past them with a foot or two of space to "buzz the tower" in hopes to scare them back over to the side of the road. We have a very busy 4-lane road in our town with a nice, wide bike lane to the right but cyclists will still ride in the right lane, right beside the bike lane but not in it. These idiots get more intense fly-bys than the neighborhood streets.
Thanks for clarifying! You are breaking the law. Tennessee Bicycle Laws
(2) The operator of a motor vehicle, when overtaking and passing a bicycle proceeding in the same direction on the roadway, shall leave a safe distance between the motor vehicle and the bicycle of not less than three feet (3') and shall maintain the clearance until safely past the overtaken bicycle.

Reactions: Leebo
As a licensed pilot and all around aviation buff, I LOVED the flight sequences in Top Gun! As an unlicensed and reluctant film buff, I thought the rest of the film to be a bit cheesy.:)
Looking forward to this new one.

Arizonarob,
The first thing my kids want to do when we go to visit family in Allen Tx, is run to Raising Cains (which we dont have up here) for chicken fingers! They have proclaimed them the best. And believe me...like most kids, they know their chicken fingers!

Last edited:
Arizonarob,
The first thing my kids want to do when we go to visit family in Allen Tx, is run to Raising Cains (which we dont have up here) for chicken fingers! They have proclaimed them the best. And believe me...like most kids, they know their chicken fingers!

My wife and I had never had them till we moved here to AZ. Back east, we had a ton of pizza/sub places, and they all had some form of chicken fingers. Some good, some just ok.
But when we had Cain’s for the first time, we were hooked! I have no idea what they do, but oh mama, they’re the most tenderest, juiciest, crunchiest chicken fingers I’ve ever had!!

If anyone reading this that has a Raising Cain’s around them and has never gone, GO! You won’t regret it. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.