Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is too much salt a thing? My pool opened yesterday and my pump wasn't working. So the pool store came out to replace it today. The salt bags were laying on my deck that they had delivered the day before. I bought 10 bags thinking it was enough for the season. I just happen to move 2 bags out of the way, because I knew I wouldn't need them yet. the pool wasn't finished filling and we had no pump yet so I hadn't tested the water. Today, when we brought the pump and started it up, he poured the salt in! 8 bags! Again, I haven't tested but if I have way too much salt, is that ok? will it stay in my water?

The pool water salt level range for a Pentair IC40 is between 2800 ppm and 4500 ppm, with ideal being 3600 ppm.
If your pool is 12k gallons, adding 8x40lb bags would raise your salt ~3200ppm. (10ppm/lb in a 12k gallon pool)

So it depends of the actual size of your pool and the salt level prior to the addition.

Wow. Didn't expect it to be that cold. I don't even look at my pool until it's approaching 50 degrees. I'd let it warm up a bit. When it does, get it circulating, and the use your K-1766. Hopefully you will still be in the operating range of the cell. Don't worry too much until then.

well it's testing 2800 ppm and now the thing says low salt, I do see it all hasn't dissolved yet but looks like I'll be adding more anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.