toddler climbs pool safety ladder

I believe I have read that pool safety fences and ladders are designed to prevent access up to age 4. After that any kid will likely have the ability to climb anything. And they are likely tall enough to reach a 4' high latch.

I believe I have read that pool safety fences and ladders are designed to prevent access up to age 4. After that any kid will likely have the ability to climb anything. And they are likely tall enough to reach a 4' high latch.

Correct. I think it’s quoted as under 5 here in Australia. This age group is at the highest risk of drowning so pool fences are designed with that in mind. There will always be children who are more able than others unfortunately. I can’t open the video as I get an error. But I can just about bet that it wouldn’t pass our pool safety regulations here. As parent if you know you have an overly capable child you would build your fence with that in mind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.