Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello, beautiful people!!!!

We've had an excellent season this year as our builder added a second SWG to our pool. We've been following TFP recommendations and have a beautiful, EASY pool compared to last year... here's my question...

Two days ago I noticed that there was some "yellow" debris sitting on the corner of the tanning ledge (full sun). I brushed the ledge and steps well, since the Dolphin can't get up there...

Today, while doing laps, I noticed another "yellow outline" in the shaded area of the deep end. Did another full brush--and it immediately dispersed into the water... threw in the dolphin and tested my water... really, everything seems good by the numbers...

I'm not confident that it's pollen because we haven't noticed it outside of the pool; however, I'm not confident that it's algae either because CC has been at 0.5 or lower AND these "yellow clouds" haven't appeared on any walls.

Would it be right to think that tonight, I should turn off both SWGs and run a Overnight Chlorine Loss test??? If that's within expectations, relax--if it isn't, SLAM--maybe at mustard algae levels???? Thanks for your 2 cents!!! It's worth millions! [emoji4]

44ed92210f1a4ba7b84843277e16c3e3.jpg

Of course you can do an OCLT to see if something is there.

I also think I'd take my FC level up a bit from now on and make sure you brush those spots as they may be telling you you don't get enough circulation there.

Maddie :flower:

For your own peace of mind run the oclt. If you do need to slam, you do a regular slam until you pass all 3 criteria, then raise the FC to mustard algae levels for 24 hours. You don't do a whole slam at mustard algae levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.