Tile Surround Damage/Repair

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
Not sure if this is the right part of the forum, didn't seem to fit any sub perfectly.

Anyway, some of the tiles in our surround are coming off. I think the robot has been hard on them, plus the caulk around the top edge is damaged along most of it and letting water behind I think.

Besides being unsightly, I assume this is bad long term for the pool overall.

I'll probably have a professional come look at it, but I had a few questions for the experts here first.

If we can find all the pieces (I think we kept them all and none broke) how much are we looking at to fix the caulk all around and repair the few damaged sections? Is this worth it to fix or will it keep happening elsewhere even areas that seem ok now? Would we have to drain the pool all the way or just below the tile a bit? The places that have fallen out are really just two that I show in the pictures, plus maybe one more small section that's loose.
20200526_175457.jpg20200526_175450.jpg20200526_175531.jpg20200526_175602.jpg20200526_175631.jpg

I think there's about 110 feet of circumference. To do a new surround can you ballpark a very rough estimate? Is this a better long term fix? Again, do we have to drain all the way or just a little?

Thanks for any help you can give.

If anyone finds this...

1st quote was new coping (simple brick, we'll probably do something fancier if we do it, but he won't give me decent quotes yet on that material) and new tile everywhere except the step fronts that are underwater - $10,500 or so. 5-7 days, empty the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.