San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello y'all! We are in the very beginning stages of planning our pool. I want to have a large sun shelf, probably 16'x8'. I LOVE the look of a tiled shelf, BUT is it practical? Will it be slippery? Bad idea?? I attached a few images of tiled shelf ideas.
tiled shelf1.jpg tiled shelf3.jpg tiled shelf2.jpg

Tile is great in a pool and no more slippery than a shower with tile flooring ... the thing that will get you is the price! Tiling a pool is EXPENSIVE and, as is the case with anything pool related, the tile manufacturers put the word “POOL” in front of the word “TILE” and the price magically doubles. Not sure what special magic they actually add to the tile or far off land they must import it from, but you definitely pay a hefty premium for those four little letters ...

Good luck with your planning. Drink lots of red wine during the process, you’ll need the calming effect.

Reactions: TexasRain
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.