Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi All,
We are getting ready to set up our first pool and I've been doing some research on the forums. I decided that I wanted to add a through-wall skimmer right off the bat. I've found numerous threads on the install process, but none answered a question I had. Currently, my pool is still in the box. Is it alright to install the through-wall skimmer before ever adding water to the pool? All threads I found had the pool previously used before installing the skimmer. I'm not sure if the pool wall needs to do any type of stretching from the water before doing this mod, or if I could do it right off the bat.

Thanks,
Bob.

They need to be stretched with water. We put ours in with it near full. Make sure you orient the face place in the correct direction, otherwise the wife gets mad at you. View attachment 141265
Thanks for the information. On a side note, our pool looks identical to yours. Have you had any issues with the windows leaking?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.