Through the wall skimmer in Bestway above ground pool.

Kokinos1

Jul 9, 2020
Denmark
Hi guys.
I want to mount a skimmer in my Bestway Steel Pro (apr. 7x4m 1,32m high). Can I place it above (over to be more exact) the seam? Or will it comprimise stability?
If I place it under the seam I will not be able to fill in as much water as I would like.
I can see in an old thread that Mickelin (if he is still here) has done it, but that is about it. I've tried to google both in english and danish (I'm danish), but nothing usefull.
Please can anyone help me? Or will I have to take the skimmer back to the store and buy one of those hideous creatures to sit on the wall and sticks out in the pool?
Also, regarding stability, is it best to put it betweem 2 legs? In the corner mayby? (its rectangular).
Thankful for all help!
Regards from Denmark
Lonnie

I have 14x48" Bestway pool, and I installed the Hayward skimmer above the farthest inlet (the last one). Plugged the inlet, connected the skimmer, and went on with life. Install the skimmer where you like.
Above or over the seam? And no troubles with stability? I'm goimg to cut so that part of the liner is not hung in the beam. When I cut that high I will be very close to the beam.

Here is a thread from a member who is still active. You can send him a personal message if you have any questions about installing a skimmer. Hayward Skimmer in Intex Ultra Frame AGP
I have seen some skimmer installs where the skimmer was placed on the seam. I don't remember anyone coming back and complaining of the pool failing because of it. You really can't place it too much above the seam as you would have a difficulty time getting the top of the skimmer secured due to the top rail spreading the liner apart at that spot.

Reactions: Kokinos1
Above or over the seam? And no troubles with stability? I'm goimg to cut so that part of the liner is not hung in the beam. When I cut that high I will be very close to the beam.
Just below the seam. Cutting into it would compromise the seam. And try to have the skimmer entirely supported by the cross beam. Remember, it's full of water and very heavy.

Reactions: Kokinos1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.