kingdome

Dec 30, 2023
Sacramento, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Been a pool owner for the past several years. Alot of learning as the pool was probably 50+ years old with original plaster surface chipping away. Resurfaced and got new skimmers and increased diameter of the return on the skimmers a year ago. Have a pool service do the chemicals but spend time with the pool and equipment doing maintenance and such.

The tipping point to posting is the capacitor on the booster pump went out for the second time. First time was about a month ago and I replaced the capacitor myself. Now that it went out again, we have to decide if we just replace it ($700) or if we can transition to a variable speed pump.

Aside: need to write down all the specs of my pool and update my signature....coming soon.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: There in SAC, or even CA in general, law requires you'll need to go with a VSP anyway, so I'd start shopping now. There are many more makes & models available on the market. If you need more help with that issue specifically, I'd recommend starting a new thread about your equipment in the sub-forum linked below and I'm sure you'll get lots of replies.

Enjoy the forum! :wave:

Welcome to TFP! :wave: There in SAC, or even CA in general, law requires you'll need to go with a VSP anyway, so I'd start shopping now. There are many more makes & models available on the market. If you need more help with that issue specifically, I'd recommend starting a new thread about your equipment in the sub-forum linked below and I'm sure you'll get lots of replies.

Enjoy the forum! :wave:

Thank you, went ahead and made a post to gather more details on the options

Reactions: Texas Splash