This pool Chemical stuff is confusing

Ok, I have vacuumed the pool again and almost all of the green that I had this morning is gone.
The pool is cloudy now, not too bad, I can still see the bottom of the pool. I have shocked the pool once more and here are my readings.
FC 15.5 (31 drops)
CC 1 (2 drops)
PH 7.3

Good News!!
Woke up this morning to a pool without algae....
Last night before going to bed Readings:
FC - 17.5
CYA - 50
CC - .5
PH - 7.4

It rained in the middle of the night.
This mornings readings:
FC - 14.5
CYA - 60
CC - .5
PH - 7.2

Here are this mornings pictures:

You are making great progress but should keep your FC at shock value for a while longer.....you should lose less than 1 ppm overnight of FC.....then you can stop the process.

(no need to keep testing CYA)

It is suppose to rain most of the day here, so swimming might not happen anyway. IF it does rain, won't it dilute my FC? If so, should I double up on shocking it, or wait until rain is over and then proceed to bring up the FC again?

lcifers said:
It is suppose to rain most of the day here, so swimming might not happen anyway. IF it does rain, won't it dilute my FC? If so, should I double up on shocking it, or wait until rain is over and then proceed to bring up the FC again?
Don't 'double up', just start and maintain the shock process with normal shock levels. The pool does not care if it rains. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.