Thinking of changing to an Intex Pool - talk me into or out of it

Hello all,

I don't want to bother everyone with the gory details, but we need to replace our existing above-ground oval pool. Right now, I'm leaning toward a rectangular Intex pool. I've read a ton of posts and reviews, but what I can't figure out is if there are features of the Intex that will be disappointing (for lack of a better term) if I've previously only had a steel-walled pool?

Just the short lifespan. But they serve an awsome purpose if you need it as a bridge to a better financial time, or those who need a pool experiment before they spend more on a more permanent solution.

Oooooooooooh. And the rinky dink super undersized equipment that comes with them, but I suspect you'd be reusing the good stuffs.

What he said. I’ve only had an Intex but basically you can expect maybe 3-5 years from an Intex, and most hard side pools it seems like that is 15-20 years (not counting liner replacements). In other words a hardsided pool is much more cost effective for the long term.

Unless you can’t afford a replacement hardsided pool right now, or are moving shortly, I’d stick with the hardside pools. I plan to go hardsided once our Intex needs replacement unless we expect to move in the next couple of years at that point.

Hello all,

I don't want to bother everyone with the gory details, but we need to replace our existing above-ground oval pool. Right now, I'm leaning toward a rectangular Intex pool. I've read a ton of posts and reviews, but what I can't figure out is if there are features of the Intex that will be disappointing (for lack of a better term) if I've previously only had a steel-walled pool?
For what they cost NOW, vs 3 years ago.. and the length of use, Id personally go with something else.. Ive gone through 2 intex in 5-6 years.. I just ordered a HARD side .. and based on prices it sure wasnt much more than the junk intex (junk based on my experience) just my two cents.. I wish i woulda went HARDSIDE to begin with ..

Reactions: charliej
It just depends on the length of time you want to have it. Intex was designed to be temporary. If you want a pool for more than 3 years, go with hard side.
I went with Intex as it was bought on a whim and likely won't need/want it after 3 years. For my purpose, it's great and much less expensive than a hard side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.