Things To Look For

Mstrlucky74

Feb 14, 2021
NY
Will be getting quotes starting this week for an 16x26 in ground pool. Looking for things to be aware of that I should have as [part of the install. Some are saying concrete walls and others say steel are fine.
How do I know I'll be giving the right concrete thickness? Some of these construction aspects I'm not familiar with but I want to make sure I'm getting a good install so need to be an informed consumer. Thanks.

So to clarify, you're talking about a vinyl lined pool, right?? I gotta say I've been impressed with the cement wall vinyl pools I've seen being built here on TFP. It really seems to be a NY area specialty not seen often elsewhere. If ever I build a liner pool that's how I'd do it in cold climates.

I have no building experience to back up my opinions though.

Maddie :flower:

So to clarify, you're talking about a vinyl lined pool, right?? I gotta say I've been impressed with the cement wall vinyl pools I've seen being built here on TFP. It really seems to be a NY area specialty not seen often elsewhere. If ever I build a liner pool that's how I'd do it in cold climates.

I have no building experience to back up my opinions though.

Yes vinyl but for instance I got this quote and he didn't even list the pool size. And he listed 12x24 for the coping which he spelled wring I think.

Attachments

• Estimate83_.pdf
    143.5 KB · Views: 14
oooooh!?!?! :cry: He misspelled "Coping"?? Dang..that's on a printed contract.

Sounds like a smallish pool, shallow sport depth. Basic, but fine if that's what you're looking for. You'd want more details about rebar and type of finish, unless I missed that?

Get more quotes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.