Things are going well - Should I SLAM

Gopherboy6956

Jun 3, 2020
Fargo, ND
So - this is my first season having the pool up since spring and first season with a TF-100. I primarily use liquid cholrinator and borax for my chems - and really - for the last 6ish weeks - my numbers have consistently come back in good shape. Add some Chlorine here, some borax there to maintain - but my Alk / CYA / Calc have all been stable. I keep my FC at about 6 normally, which seems to deter any boatmen I have seen from time to time. I also Vac about onces a week and run the pump about 6 hours during the day (to stir up the water and even out the temp) in my 8k or so gallon 18x52 AGP.

My question is - Should I be slamming it with any sort of regularity? Or is that only if things get out of whack. I feel like things have been going real well and fully expected to have had to SLAM it by now.

Am I crazy or just lucky?

Thanks!

Curious as to why adding borax so often?
Looking at your logs, it seems you are dropping below 3FC quite often. Be careful or you will be slamming! 3 is absolute minimum, 5 to 6 is target.

Curious as to why adding borax so often?
Looking at your logs, it seems you are dropping below 3FC quite often. Be careful or you will be slamming! 3 is absolute minimum, 5 to 6 is target.

Really the borox is just to keep the ph right at 7.6 which the app recommends. It's never much - 12 or so Oz once a week or so. I was gone for a few days stretch and we had the kids in there a lot -
About a month ago I switched from tablets in a floater to liquid chlorinator - so just getting in the rythim of that now.

Reactions: Msch99
Anything within 7.2 -~8 is fine. Easier and cheaper to find (if possible), a PH and TA where it is somewhat stable. If it wants to hang at 7.4, not a big deal. The app is ok, but can sometimes lead to trying to chase "perfect" numbers. Some of which has to do with CSI, which isn't a big deal to those of us with AG vinyl liners.

Reactions: Gopherboy6956
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.